Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Summer Surge!


Summer Surge is Celebration Church's version of VBS.  
Our theme is usually not a pre-set skit, but a carefully written and orchestrated learning experience for children from ages 5- 12. My husband got pulled into this one as well as others before. The difference is, he is retired now and does not have to do projects after work! Many thanks to my husband of 38 years Chris Chavez. We also seriously scored a lot of the lumber for free! (I happened to be in the right place at the right time. I'm also not scared to ask!) I love being a part of the effort, donating my talents to do God's work. This set is also much smaller than the ones I've been privileged to be a part of in previous years. I really enjoy using my talents for the children and the Pastors and the church!

Summer Surge, 8 ft x 12 ft, Latex paint on Luan wood

No comments:

Post a Comment