Thursday, September 22, 2022

Bonding


Great Blue Herons don't mate for life.
They may have as many as 4 mates over the years.
What they are known for is their incredible mating dances.
They are quite beautiful to watch when they are courting.

Today we drove back over to the Audubon Center for another reception.
This reception was for the hummingbird festival happening there this weekend.
It was a very well attended event.
I got to talk with a lot of people about the art.
There also was a couple of sales, with the possibility of one of the larger pieces finding a home.
The show is winding down now, with people feeling an urgency to purchase.
Here's hoping!

I have to shout out to my husband and partner of almost 44 years.
This morning, I started stretching my steampunk prints from Gena Freed of Freed designs.
Her website is www.freedsoulsdesign.com 
She does the most incredible job of photographing, cleaning up images, 
and printing on paper, fabric, and canvas.
She can even print wraps for cars or trailers.
She is very courteous and not terribly expensive.
As an artist I highly recommend her work.
I know she'll work for me again!
Back to the husband....
I was stretching two of my prints while Chris was building the frames needed to complete my steampunk pieces for shows this fall.
He came upstairs just as I was digging out my compressor and tools to begin.
He went to the other side of the table, got out his electric stapler and helped me until we were finished with all twelve of them.
I love him so much!

Bonding, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24 inches
Day 87 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment