Friday, September 30, 2022

Five for two



If you're friends on Facebook with me, you may have already seen this painting today.
Today at Freedom Festival I posted early this morning photos of my tent and walls.
These guys were on the back wall of the tent.
They were also the first painting to sell.
Oh my!
(One of two most expensive pieces in the booth!)
Thank you Father!
I was getting admittedly nervous though as they did not sell until about 2 hours into the show.
So, from about 8:30 to 11:00 crickets.
I was questioning my sanity about doing this show again.
But it was my best ever one day show in my show history last year.
Last year, everyone was upset about the National Shrimp Festival getting cancelled again.
The mayor of Orange Beach was particularly upset and managed 
to roust up a show in less than two weeks.
So, with no Shrimp Festival, a lot of people came to the one-day show.
Then they expanded this year to be three days instead of one.
The Art portion of the show this year is only two days Friday and Saturday.
Friday morning the crowds were very light.
Lots of tourists going home Saturday were at the show.
Five hours later, toward the end of the first day we had two more sales that rounded out the day.
Let me tell you, I was praying a lot about what was happening.
Mostly praying about peace as with my morning sale, my show was paid for and then some.
I was seeing other artists not so fortunate.
Hopefully Saturday will be better with sales scattered through the day and worth all the hard work.
Carpe' diem!

Another aside about the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores next week.
I had a gentleman come in my booth and tell me he heard that it wasn't happening.
I was a little taken aback and set him straight.
Rumors flying are not cool.
I messaged someone on the committee and told him what I had heard.
He sent back a face slap emoji.
I told him indeed.
Just so you know folks, there is a National Shrimp Festival 
happening next week in beautiful Gulf Shores, Alabama.
October 6th-9th, 2022
The biggest party on the Gulf Coast!
I'm looking forward to the show, although two booths of 
completely different styles of art will be a challenge.
I think I'm ready, almost....
5 days until set up 6 days until the show!
Eeeek!

Five for two, Acrylic on multi canvas, 36 x 60 inches
Day 95 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022





 

No comments:

Post a Comment