Saturday, September 3, 2022

Somewhat Crabby III


Three crabs, three days.
So much work being done here at the Raccoon Retreat studio.
I am definitely having a great time painting them too.

The rains seem to be back along our coast, so there will be lots of studio time.
I love painting during the rain, but I don't care for lightning and thunder.
I have been in the studio when a major storm came through and watched as my window bowed in slightly.
Only later after hearing the news and damage reports did I realize a tornado had passed over the house.
Very scary indeed.

The power of storms is nothing to be idle about.
We are heading into the height of hurricane season.
Fortunately for us along the coast, August was a very quiet month, with no named storms.
We still prepare for storms that may happen along the summer and fall.
September usually is the worst part of the season.
But 2018 Hurricane Michael battered the area along our coast.
While our gulf coast did not take a direct hit, it was close enough to wreak havoc 
with the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores.
We were not able to set up on Wednesday and lost one day of the show.
Then Saturday morning came a deluge rain that delayed the opening of the show until noon.
The organizers kept the show closed because of the danger of electricity being under water.
It made for an interesting show indeed!

Show season makes me very happy.
It is a culmination of several months of work, with old and new collectors coming to purchase.
Sometimes though, it can be frustrating indeed.
But as I create, I am reminded of God's love for us.
Most importantly I am reminded of Proverbs 16:33
We throw the dice, but God determines where they land.
Each time we enter a show, pay our booth fees, travel, and food we are throwing the dice.
We are then at the mercy of the buying public. 
I look forward to the dance every time!

Somewhat Crabby III, Acrylic on wood panel, 12 inches round
Day 68 of the 100 dasy~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment