Monday, September 5, 2022

Wonderful Blue!


Wonderful Blue!
Crabs are so much fun to paint!
My mother once asked me if I would ever get tired of painting them.
I told her no way, I love them!
This is a show stopping piece measuring 40 x 40 inches.
I still need to break it apart and paint the sides as well.
Why large pieces?
For years I had people ask, "Why don't you paint bigger?"
I would answer that "Everything I bring fits into a PT Cruiser."
"Tent, walls, chairs, artworks, show box."
"I can't paint bigger."
God stepped in and showed me how by breaking the paintings apart.
It would allow me to fit large scale works into smaller bags.
Larger paintings can get broken, dented, or scratched because of fitting them into a small space.
The first two I painted were an octopus and sea turtles.
Both paintings sold in the beginning of the show.
I was astonished.
Since then, I have created several multi piece canvases.
Every one has since sold.
Sometimes the sale of one leads to another sale.
Last year, I had a four piece crab at the Audubon show.
The piece sold almost immediately, but they left the artwork there until the opening reception.
There was a couple that wanted one, but the crab that was there was too big.
(It was on 4-24x24 canvases)
They wanted a slightly smaller version, the same size as here.
There are 4 piece crabs in restaurants, a bank, private homes and businesses.
I will never tire of painting them!

Wonderful Blue!, Acrylic on canvas, 40 x 40 inches
Day 70 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022



 

No comments:

Post a Comment