Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The escapee


I love painting octopus!
So much fun with all the legs.
I'm also careful to make sure there are eight legs when I paint them.
A great use for a shadowbox.

Today is the calm before my storm of shows starting with 3 in a row.
I am excited to see what happens!
We are pretty much packed and ready to go.
Although I'm sure I will be making lists and checking them off before we leave.
Set up in the afternoon.
Thankfully all we have to contend with is wind.

Hurricane Ian is currently battering the state of Florida.
This storm came in on one of my favorite areas. 
All the names they keep naming off, Coya Costa, Ft Meyers, Naples, Tampa, Cape Coral. 
I have camped, shown, and played all over the areas that are now affected.
I am praying for all of them, as we are still full of memories from Sally.
Ian is no Sally.
He is a monster with a huge surge.
I've also had to make a decision, depending on the damage in that area.
I've been accepted to two shows on the East coast, while I was waiting to hear from the ones on the West coast.
One was in Naples, the other was at Cape Coral.
I have a sinking feeling neither of them may happen now as they are both in January.
Supply issues, and repair contractors, electrical repairs may all make a show in January an impossibility.
I'm adopting a wait and see attitude for a couple of days.

In the meantime, I paint!

The escapee, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16 inches
Day 93 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022



 

No comments:

Post a Comment