Thursday, September 1, 2022

Somewhat Crabby


Somewhat Crabby.
Not me, the painting.
Although if I cannot sleep better at night, I may become crabby too!
I can go to sleep with no problem.
It's staying asleep that is my issue.
I typically go to bed at 10 pm.
I awaken almost every night at anywhere from 12:30 to 2:30am.
I am then sometimes able to go back to sleep.
Most nights though, I am awake for about an hour or two.
Consequently, this broken sleep makes for a disjointed day.
It is what it is though.
Some nights are diamonds, some nights are dirt.
Some nights I paint, other nights I read.

Hopefully tonight, I sleep!

This year marks the 12th year for the sepia series!
When I started these so many years ago, I never dreamed they would go this far or long.
Fortunately for me, I listen when God speaks.
You see, 12 years ago, he said to go neutral.
My daughter did not like them at all at first.
I'm very happy they're still going strong!

Somewhat Crabby, Acrylic on wood panel, 12 inches round
Day 66 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment