Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Turtle times two


More turtles?
Yep!
They are without a doubt one of my best sellers.
I have five shows this fall, so there will be multiple opportunities for them to find homes.
Besides that, I simply love to paint them!

Today found me in the studio stretching large canvases for future projects.
I asked Chris to lend a hand after he built them yesterday.
One is 3 x 5 ft, the other is a 45 x 60 shadowbox.
The shadowbox will be a "sassy octopus" for a collector down in Florida.
They are driving through here on their way home to Florida from Colorado.
They've saved a wall just for me!
It's going to be fun getting it done though.
They are anticipating pick up the day after the National Shrimp Festival on 
Monday the 10th of October.
So, I have to have it finished before I leave to go to the festival!

Things are really getting interesting around here.....

The 3 x 5-foot canvas is slated for a copy of a painting by Spanish artist named Francisco Goya.
It is from his black series attributed to him.
That one is going to need a lot of prayer while painting!
I love the couple that commissioned it and so I will do it.
They also want a two-story octopus on their poolside wall.
That project should be this fall.

I also picked up my prints from Gene Freed of Freed designs today.
Lots and lots of steampunk available for shows.
Three new prints, a pelican, a crab, and the elephant.
Now to sign, mat, and bag over a hundred prints.....

Another day, another painting, another day closer to show season.

Turtle times two, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24 inches
Day 86 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment