Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Crab I


Oh the mighty crab!
Delicious and hard to clean.
I love eating crab when the opportunity arises.
Of course I love the local blue crab, but my favorite is Alaskan King Crab.
I also have beautiful memories of King crab and my mother eating them with me.
The memories are the best part, reminding me that she is still with me if only in my mind.
Her ability to shell and eat them was legendary.
Funniest part of all was her long, extremely clean fingernails scooping out the tiniest of bits.
I did not get the grace of those nails of hers.
God gave me paper thin, easily broken, fingernails.
Hers were able to be used as screwdrivers!
I can still close my eyes and see those red nails flashing when she was talking.
I miss her so!

Crab I, Acrylic on board, 12 x 12 inches
Day 78 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment