Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Heron the traveler


Imagine yourself a half a world away from the United States.
Then, teach several hundred children at a local school.
Everyone is very excited.
I'm teaching a class to students asking them to look out the window to see the atmosphere.
Outside the window I see the shape of a great blue heron.
I was in shock that a bird that we're so familiar with was here in Africa!
Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, God designed the world that way.
God made the animals.
He also made the Goliath heron that I saw out the window in Africa!
Still shaking my head two years later.

I love this world we live in, (maybe not all aspects of it.)
Don't you?

Heron the traveler, acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16
Day 79 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment