Thursday, September 2, 2021

Loggerhead I


This is another of the vintage sewing drawer paintings.
We have cut thin panel to put either in the drawers or behind them.
They are really a beautiful way to showcase little affordable art.
The drawers measure 5 x 16 inches.
The paintings are sweet little examples of quick paintings that have turned out really pretty.
I am varnishing the drawers while varnishing the paintings.
 The old wood soaks up the varnish quickly.
It makes a lovely frame.
The pieces I had last year went quickly, with people usually purchasing more than one.
The turtles are a good example of companion pieces as there are a total of three of them.
I'm looking forward to the series being hung together.

Tomorrow we go to Mississippi to pick up the show from the Audubon Center.
Fortunately for me, I have several pieces I will be able to use for shows as well.
There are a lot not sold at the show.
I've also been asked to come back already as well.
Looking forward to putting that date on my calendar.
I will miss the ladies there at the center.
Until next time!

Loggerhead I, Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 16 inches
Day 66 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment