Saturday, September 25, 2021

Three Amigos


These bad boys were interesting to paint! 
I have always loved painting pelicans and this trio was no exception.
Only problem is, in my excitement of carving yesterday I am sore.
My index finger with which I was controlling the dremel 
was complaining today about the brush pushing against it.
It feels rather bruised.
Oh well, as usual I pushed through and got the job done!
I love how they turned out!

We also decided to set up the new tent today.
Whew!
I bought an X7 Tectonic from the Extreme canopy company.
It was not the most expensive, nor was it cheap.
This tent is demonstrated being thrown off of a building, mounted to a trailer and pulled at 70 mph.
It was also highly recommended by another artist that has had his for years.
The frame is guaranteed for 10 years and the fabric for 1.
The legs are not square, but hexagonal and it is heavy.
The canvas is sent in 5 separate bags, one each for the walls, and one for the roof.
The fabric is all lined inside with a rubberized coating and there are panels to protect the canvas from the frame rubbing.
All in all, a very well built tent!
We got the frame up with no problem and following the directions, tried to pop the legs into place.
BOTH of us were having issues as the top is extremely tight and we could not pop the tops of the legs into lock position.
It took some wrangling, but we finally got it.
Are you sure this is a 10x10?
It feels bigger than that.
The height from the ground is excellent and our 6ft plus customers will have no problem getting in without ducking under!
I can raise my hand completely over my head and barely touch the frame.
We have left it set up overnight in an effort to get the top to stretch out a bit.
We both said, we're sure glad we decided to set it up before the show season to check it out!
We also modified a frame Chris built to fit my 7ft wall.
This is so we can split the booth some to be able to put the steampunk out as well in it's own little area.
All that work may be moot if the booth can have outside walls exposed with art on them.
So, we will be bringing the 3 10ft. walls and the frame with the 7ft. wall just in case.

Another day in paradise.
Here in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama

Three Amigos, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24
Day 89 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021
 

No comments:

Post a Comment