Friday, September 3, 2021

Loggerhead II


Another sweet loggerhead.
This is another in the series that are framed by the sewing machine drawers from a vintage machine.
I am so glad to be able to use parts of this old machine for my steampunk and now frames.

The pieces are coming hard and fast now from beneath my brush.
I am happier than ever at what is coming out of my hands and heart.
This falls shows will be beautiful as a result.
We had artwalk tonight and I went and stood by my space.
I had the opportunity to talk with a lot of people about the works I have at the gallery.
 The rounds are being very favorably received.
So far I've sold 3 out of the 15 in the series. 
I'm sure there will be more to come.

We picked up the show in Mississippi today from the Audubon Center.
Such a delightful group of people to work with and so well run.
I never felt uncomfortable leaving my works there, 
even when a hurricane was bearing down on the coast.
I was delighted to also lock in the dates for next years show as well.
The show also has a name and some special requests for the pieces.
One entire wall will be local flora and fauna!
Hummingbirds, butterflies, and other local birds.
The rest of the show will be my usual fare of marine life works.
The name of the show?
"My Nature Odyssey"
Coming to the Moss  Point Audubon Center
August and September, 2022
Opening reception August 11th, 2022
How wonderful is that?!

Today is done here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama.
I bid you goodnight!

Loggerhead II, Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 16 inches
Day 67 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

1 comment: