Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Just the Blues III


We had a relaxing day today.
Our morning started later than normal as it was cloudy and raining.
Consequently, I didn't get out of bed until almost 8am.
SO out of character for me.
Typically I'm awakened by the sunlight streaming through the windows in the morning, 
usually around 6:30am.
I am very sensitive to light and cannot stay in bed much past daylight.
Anyway, I started with my Bible readings as usual and began the day.

My morning was hit hard by the loss of one of my Shrimp Festival family.
Ron Arnold was a fixture down at the show.
I have many fond memories of him.
He will be very missed.

We delivered pieces to Big Fish Trading Company today.
They are a local company in Foley, Alabama that has incredible hand finished, coastal style furniture 
in a variety of colors and finishes.
They are currently located at 21860 US highway 98.
The furniture and Art store are an amazing fit for my works.
The owners Amy and Jason are extremely sweet people that support their artists wholeheartedly.
They have been very patient with me, as their inventory of my works was down to three pieces.
Today their plate is full as she kept 25 of my works, removed one, and that brought her total to 27.
What's wonderful about this relationship is that Amy does not mind 
me removing pieces for a show over a weekend.
They always come and visit at the shows I go to locally as well, 
they get very excited when I have lots of sales!
We also discussed some larger pieces that will be arriving soon 
to the gallery after they move into their new space just up the road.
I am very happy to be a part of their Artist family.

We then bought lunch at Chris's favorite spot in Foley.
Culvers has become his go-to for a great hamburger and custard for dessert.
If you have never tried Culvers I highly recommend them.
The employees are some of the happiest I've ever seen.

Studio time in the afternoon.
Leftovers for dinner.
Church in the evening.
Life is so good!

Just the Blues III, Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 15 inches
Day 72 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment