Monday, September 27, 2021

Pretty pelican


Pretty pelican.
Indeed, these birds are beautiful in flight, especially when flying together in long strands.
It was not always that way here along the coast.
When we came here in 1976, the pelicans were in peril.
Their numbers were way down and they were in danger of being no more.
The scientists figured out why though.
You see, DDT was a widely used pesticide.
It was entering the birds systems and making their eggs fragile.
The birds could not even set on them, without them breaking.
So their numbers went down drastically.
I've seen a revolution of these birds though since that day so long ago.
Their numbers are such now. that people are calling them a nuisance bird.
Granted there are a lot of them.
I for one, am glad to see them back!

I am also in prayer for my friends and fellow artists in Zimbabwe, Africa.
Both of them have been accepted to a show that is several hours away.
There is a group going from Zimbabwe and they are pooling their efforts to get a ride to the show.
Alfred has been there before, this is Crecious's first time to actually show.
I am praying they both get there, that the friend providing a place to stay is a great host,
their set up is easy, and they have astounding sales.
I pray their sales are such that they cannot believe their fortune.
Please Lord, send them buyers!

We took down the tent today and packed it up.
I've also emailed the show and we may not need the french wall to 
separate the steampunk from the rest of the booth.
I should be able to place the steampunk outside the booth with a table for prints!
Such a blessing!
I was supposed to have a double booth this year for the National Shrimp Festival.
One for my Marine paintings, one for steampunk.
We now have one day to show, sell, and pack up for the next one!
October 9th is coming fast and hard!

Pretty pelican, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24
Day 91 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment