Wednesday, September 1, 2021

The Mechanics of Alligators II


The Mechanics of Alligators II
Why two?
I looked this guy up and I first painted a version of him in 2014.
I remember this because I sold him at the Grand Festival on the grounds of the Coastal college.
The gentleman that bought him, bought my tarpon too.
At the time, I was painting rose paintings for Christina's wedding 
in a little over a month in India.
The little roses were gifts to family members along with Luzianne tea and Pecans from home.
We had enough to make 25 trays to give away.
Any way, another one.
Yes, this one is a reverse of the original Alligator and has a lot more detail.
The coloring is also very different, as there is more gray's in this one.
I love painting the steampunk pieces and I am happy to offer this one as my painting for today.

Even though it is my painting a day, he definitely was not painted in one day.
He took a total of five days,
Painting an average of 6-8 hours a day.

The Mechanics of Alligators II, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 40
Day 65 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment