Friday, September 10, 2021

Seahorse II


Another day, another painting.
This is one of the series of sewing machine drawers.
I'm really enjoying painting them.

I was not in a good mood today.
It was hard to get anything done, and whatever I did, didn't make me happy at all.
Chris and I worked on the trailer today.
He has worked so hard on the trailer for us to carry to shows.
Using poor mans fiberglass, he's coated it, sanded it, and coated it again.
Then he added paint that I bought for extreme weather.
After he painted it pale grey, I wanted to stripe it similarly as our new to us motorhome.
This trailer has been a journey for him.
Starting out with a jet ski trailer that had an awesome torsion axle.
The trailer itself was trash because it was rusting from the inside out.
He kept the axle, and welded together a new trailer frame.
He then built the box for the trailer as we need a 4x6 and they are almost impossible to find.
He then coated it , painted it, sanded it, and painted again.
The striping looks really neat, although I think it's backwards to the motorhome.
That's what he wanted, that's what he got.
All in all, a great project almost finished and ready for a tag!
That's next week!

I've been working on the new steampunk piece in my studio today.
I am moving forward with the steampunk, even though I have no show specifically for them.
In between chatting with my African friend and African "son".
I worked hard, laying on colors for the backgrounds of the steampunk parts.
They are both wonderful artists and I am praying they do well in a show next month.
Their show was the same weekend as the National Shrimp Festival.
I have not told them yet of the cancellation.
Next month.....
I pray the other shows don't cancel as well!
I really wish people would stop politicizing a pandemic and get the shot already, 
wear a mask, and distance.
Don't even get me started on football games!

Seahorse II, Acrylic on wood panel, 5x15 inches
Day 74 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment