Saturday, September 11, 2021

Octopus I


Today.
Long day, but a productive one.
Those of you who know me, realize there are times that I spend with my 
oldest daughter on one of her projects.
Jessica  has some of the most interesting friends and clients.
Today we worked hard on an organizations Mardi Gras Queen.
This project is not your usual queen either.
It promises to be a spectacular design, with many innovations involved.
Today I spent the majority of the day sewing for a fitting this afternoon.
I have to say, the fitting went very well and we are on track.
Fabric has to be ordered so we can get all the pieces and parts to complete the project.
It's going to be a fun one!

Somewhere in there, I managed to work ahead and create the Octopus you see here.
I knew today was going to be a long one, so I worked ahead.
I am very pleased with this sewing machine drawer painting.
I only have two more to do, then I will have to push on to 
shadowboxes and steampunk!
Despite the blow of the cancellation of the National Shrimp Festival,
I still have three shows to create paintings for.
Jubilee will be first in Daphne, Alabama October 16&17
Mattie Kelly, Destin, Florida October 30th& 31st
Peter Anderson, Ocean Springs, Mississippi, November 6th & 7th

Today is also a day of mourning for our country.
September 11, 2001 is a date many of will not forget.
God bless the many that lost their lives that day, the hero's that showed up, and the stories of triumph that are still being made today in the survivors.
I for one, will never forget......

Octopus I, Acrylic on wood panel. 5x15 inches
Day 75 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment