Monday, July 11, 2022

Babies, Babies everywhere! II


Another incredibly fun one to paint!
Although it is rather intense as it involves small brushes.
My hands are definitely feeling their age as of late.
But with breaks, I can handle the smaller brushes for a while at least.

These little guys were part of another commission and are already sold.
They are a birthday present for one of my collectors.
They bought two paintings this spring and her husband wanted to add to their collection as they had seen baby turtle paintings done by me recently that were sold.
Have mercy they do sell quickly!

I will be painting more, for shows.
There is one more commission piece though.
Last night after I posted the babies on my FB page, I received a message asking how much they were.
I had to tell her that they were already sold and the price.
She still wants one for herself.
She is already a collector, owning three of my turtles so far.
She is also on the team with us for share the beach.
Incredibly, I am able to paint these little guys fairly fast.
They do cause a lot of tension in my back as it is lots of small details.
Fortunately, I went to the chiropractor today and things are in place.
I also exercise and ice in an effort to keep pain at bay.
Such a joy to spread around the area!

Babies, Babies everywhere! II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24
Day 14 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022
 

No comments:

Post a Comment