Monday, July 4, 2022

Race to the sea II


Race to the sea II
This one was so fun to paint.
My grand here loves it, so he'll probably get it for his birthday in August.
This is part of the framework for the sewing drawers.
All in all, this machine has had some interesting "frames".
I look forward to finishing them!

Today is also the 4th of July.
A day to celebrate if you're into that sort of thing.
I don't mind getting together with others, but right now we cannot leave.
I have at least 3 dachshunds that are freaked out about all the 
bottle rockets and fireworks going off all around us.
I just cannot justify blowing up so much money that could be put to better use in my mind.

Other parts of the day were spent sending messages to folks about their commission works.
Two out of the three have responded very favorably and that makes this artist very happy.
The 3rd has not responded yet, but I'm sure it will be good.
 They will probably be picking up or shipping this week.
I will post more on these later, as they are part of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022.
I varnished, bought paint for a large project with 3~3ft. by 5ft. canvases.
I am still in awe that I get to earn money while having so much fun!
Getting ready for the fall shows is going to be a wild ride indeed!

Race to the sea II, Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 15 inches
Day 7 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment