Sunday, July 24, 2022

Dinnertime!


We came upon this osprey while kayaking and photographing several years ago.
I talked Chris into being the paddle, and I took numerous digital photographs.
I photographed this Osprey, several Great Blue Herons, Pelicans, and even a Green Heron.
I tried to get him to go over to an alligator I spotted, but he drew the line there!
We paddled toward it, but before we could get close the alligator slipped into the depths.
I then spotted the Osprey having just landed and killing the mullet on top of a pole.
We headed toward him, but he took off, and I got this shot of him in full flight.
I have already loved this photograph and now I've finally captured him in paint!

The beauty surrounds us here on the Gulf Coast.
We only have to slow down, quieten ourselves, and open our eyes.
I will never cease to be amazed at the diversity and beauty that is South Alabama.

Dinnertime!, Acrylic on canvas, 18 x 36
Day 27 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment