Saturday, July 9, 2022

Commissions and more!


What a year this has been indeed!
I have barely caught up from the spring shows, getting new works to the galleries that carry my works.
I finally managed to "catch up" in early June.
Then I got phone calls asking about commission works.
I have been able to get several done, with a few more in the works.
The octopus here is one of those commissions.
This beautiful soul saw my octopus at the Melbourne show.
When she came back to get the piece, it had already sold.
Melbourne was crazy with it being my best show yet!
I also took an award at the show for the shadowbox canvases.
GO Chris! It was as much his award as mine!
He works so hard building these beautiful stretcher bars for me.
I am so grateful he shares his talent for woodworking with me. 
Anyway, back to the octopus.
The collector called me and asked if I could recreate him for her home.
I replied that I try to give everyone an original so I advised her to go to the blog and find one she liked.
She came back with a very specific day from the blog.
Can you color the eye please? Yes mam.
Can you ship? Yes Mam.
A couple of weeks later, she asked if I was working on him, and I replied not yet.
I'll start next week.
Long and the short of it.
He is finished, colored eye and all.
Legs moved so she has an original piece too.
Varnished, wired, and shipped to Melbourne, Florida.

One down, several to go.
I am painting double time, so I can get enough for the  Audubon show that hangs in 24 days!
"My Nature Odyssey" is going to be beautiful!
That is, if I can get the commissions out of the way!

Octopus on five canvases, 3ft. x 5ft., Acrylic on canvas
Day 12 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment