Friday, July 29, 2022

Nesting time!


As I write this, there are not one but two turtle nests hatching.
These little guys sure keep us on our toes with the Orange Beach team of Share the Beach.
The monitors are hearing waterfalls at H2.
This nest is the one the police, feds, and wildlife people 
were called out to write reports a few days back.
Fortunately, the vandals didn't reach the babies.
So, tonight they've decided to make a run for the water.
Another nest, possibly hatched while a rainstorm was happening, so it may already be empty.
The monitoring continues.

Anyway, I've been painting away to fill out my one woman show at the 
Pascagoula River Audubon Center.
It's called "My Nature Odyssey" and has many more birds this time.
The show is filling in very nicely now with lots of new works!
I am also picking up 7 pieces from my gallery in Foley called Big Fish.
Big Fish Trading Company is an amazing furniture store with beautiful art and accessories.
I also received an email  from the Audubon Center asking if I could hang earlier than August 3rd.
Apparently the outgoing artist took all his pieces today.
So, we go to Big Fish first thing Monday, then head to Mississippi to hang the show.
2 days earlier than expected, but I'll be ready!

Nesting time!, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 12 x 36 inches
Day 32 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment