Monday, July 18, 2022

Flying jewel box II

Today I painted the female of the pair.
She is the same size as the other one, 4 x 12 inches.
While small paintings don't fill walls, they can sit on a shelf, in between doorways, or windows.
I love painting small.

The show for the Audubon center is filling in nicely.
I may need to bring additional pieces from a gallery that lets me remove works for shows.
She lets me remove them, because she knows I will bring new works back in to replace them.

Things have finally settled somewhat here at the Raccoon Retreat Studio.
We had a bit of a Covid scare where we had to quarantine a few days.
Everything turned out fine though!
We also finally got the part for my swimming pool that I ordered at the end of June!
It has been two weeks of dumping massive amounts of chlorine shock treatments because my pump was not making chlorine at all.
The part came in, I changed it out, and started cleaning the algae out of the pool.
The combination of rain and a non-functioning pump has been a nightmare.
Hopefully, now things will get to where I can just enjoy it, and not constantly worry with it.
All in all, I love my saltwater system.
I loved it enough to buy another one when the first one got fried by a thunderstorm.
The pump they include with these above ground pools are an absolute joke.
The pool we bought used, but I already had the pump from last summer.
How manufacturers expect a cartridge filter to pump an 8,000 gallon pool is beyond me.
Enough about the pool, hopefully we can now just enjoy it!

In the meantime, I paint!

Flying jewel box II, Acrylic on canvas, 4 x 12 inches
Day 21 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment