Thursday, July 7, 2022

Tentacles everywhere!


Not only am I painting, I am also spending the summer keeping an eye on our grandson.
He is not much work, other than his boredom level is high.
I am not into video games, he is.
I am not into running around, he is.
I am into the pool quite frequently, and hence I am waterlogged.
He loves to play in the pool, I love to relax in the pool.
You cannot relax with an 8 year old in your midst!
And so, I play.
I also think about the painting I need to be doing as well.
Then I remind myself, he only grows up once!
And so, I play.
Then as night falls and he is chilling with the television watching Disney I go to my studio.
And so, I paint.

And so, I pray.

I pray for the children that no longer have parents.
I pray for the parents that no longer have children.
I pray for the work I do to be beautiful and well received.
I pray for the wars in other countries to cease.
I pray for the soldiers fighting those wars.
I pray for the internal war called politics in our country.
I pray for the police, the firemen, the nurses, the doctors.
I pray for people to make enough money to be comfortable.
I pray for families.
I pray for illnesses of others that have come to my attention.
I pray for marriages.
I pray for churches.
I pray for peace.

Peace in my house.
Peace in my city.
Peace in my state.
Peace in my country.
Peace in my world.

Like the tentacles of the octopus, my prayers extend outward and upward.
Playing, painting, praying, 
it's all a part of the place we call the Raccoon Retreat studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama

Tentacles everywhere! , Acrylic on wood panel, 5 x 15 inches
Day 10 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022




 

No comments:

Post a Comment