Sunday, July 31, 2022

Pelican Pressure


Pelican Pressure.
Any pressure?
As of late, I am feeling the heat and I don't mean summer!
God is so good to me, providing sales where there were none.
Lifting me up out of the depths, only to splash me with a wave of his love!
As an artist, it is hard to work day after day, hour after hour alone with our art.
I mean if you are not self-disciplined, you just simply will not make it as a professional.
Fortunately for me, God has seen fit to bless me with His favor.
I am blessed both in talent, and in income.
The income that helps me to help others.
I am so grateful, every minute of every day!

The day here started out quietly enough with me spending time with my Bible.
My first cup of coffee and my Father in Heaven!
What better way to start the day!
I went to church this morning, then grabbed a bite to eat for lunch even though it was only 10:30.
I then finished packing for our VBS set up at the main Sanctuary after the second service.
I was in charge, and boy were there a lot of people helping!
Even so, it still took 3 hours.
My head was spinning as there were constantly teens asking, how can I help?
I am not used to this amount of hands.
It was overwhelming at times.
But we got it all done with lots of hands working.
I am indeed grateful for the help.
I then headed home to work with my daughter on a Mardi Gras train for next year.
It's hard to think of Mardi Gras in the sweltering heat of summer.
Three hours later, and we have made lots of progress and have plans to meet again soon.
This train will be 15 feet of magnificent!
We ate dinner, worked some more, then we parted ways.
Grand had to get home as the parents are making him go to bed at 8:30.
School starts next week!
I then went back to the studio and erased and varnished the last of the 
paintings headed to the Audubon Center in Moss point.
It's going to be a beautiful show!
And now, I blog after painting today.
Long, beautiful, amazing, God filled day!

Pelican Pressure, Acrylic on canvas, 12 x 24
Day 34 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment