Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Flight formation


The multi canvas pieces started several years ago.
It was in response to people asking, "Why don't you paint bigger?"
Big canvases bring big problems.
They can get scratched, dented, and worst of all, broken.
Our van is typically so full after the show equipment and art, we could not fit a large canvas.
Not even on top of everything else in the van.
So, I prayed and got an answer.
I started them about 5 years ago in the spring, painting two as an experiment.
Both of them sold rather quickly in the same show.
The pelicans are one of the recent results of my labors.
These guys measure 3ft tall by 5 1/2 ft wide.
The sides are painted, so they can be spread apart.
The best part is they fit into a relatively small bag.
My husband loves them, other than the challenge of hanging them.
They can be tricky to hang, especially if there is a wind issue.
Most of the time, I hang the multi piece paintings and he fills in with the rest.
And yes, I paint the fronts in one day!

Flight formation, Acrylic on canvas, 3ft x 5 1/2ft
Day 22 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment