Thursday, July 28, 2022

Toward the top!


"Toward the top!"
Sea turtle are some of my favorites to paint!
This guy is headed to the Audubon show in Mississippi.
He is one of a pair with the other turtle facing the opposite direction. 
I try to make each one unique, so everyone has an original.
I've painted so many turtles in this position though, even with different photographs, 
I pray they're not the exact same.

Today was interesting.

The day started innocently enough, with a dog barking at 1:30 am to go outside.
Unfortunately, my mind started racing as I tried to go back to bed.
Then my husband started snoring.
(I'm grateful for the snoring, it means he's still here!)
I tried to go back to sleep until 4:30.
I then gave up, read my bible, journaled and headed upstairs to the studio.
I worked until my husband got up, I thought why not?
I went back to bed and actually slept from about 7:30 -10:00.
Very unusual for me to sleep during the day.
I then took two dogs to the vet.
Then lunch.
I finally got back to the studio at 1pm.
Erasing, wiring, and varnishing took until almost 5pm.
We rode the dogs, ate a pizza, and I am back in the studio.
A repair to a painting, an addition to a painting, and a painting done in the failing light of day.
A long day, and so now goodnight!

"Toward the top!", Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 36 inches
Day 31 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment