Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Raptor Mania


Sometimes a photographic image is such that it does not need words.
This is one of those images I have been privileged with permission to paint.
I have taken photos of Osprey myself, but this one by Debi Parnell really caught my eye.
She is an amazing photographer, both of landscapes and animals.
If you want to see some more of her work, head on over to her website,
https://www.debiparnell.com
I feel honored to call her friend, fellow Christian, and Artist.

I am rapidly getting ready for my show which hangs next week.
I still have an incredible amount of erasing, varnishing, and wiring to do.
I will have to get some of that done before Friday as our daughter is coming here on Saturday.
We are working on the Mardi Gras Train for a local queen here in the studio.
Yes, sometimes Mardi Gras comes early on the Gulf Coast.
(At least the deadlines for them!)
I love working on these with my daughter, because it gives us quality time together while creating.
The creating we do is incredible, although it does lead to some creative differences sometimes!
Especially when Mardi Gras and a One woman show collide!
One step at a time.....
It's really all I can do at this point!

Raptor Mania, Acrylic on canvas, 16 x 40 inches
Day 30 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022



 

No comments:

Post a Comment