Monday, August 1, 2022

Lionfish I


Lionfish I
I am in awe of the beauty of these fish.
I am also appalled at the invasiveness of this species.
These fish, who are rumored to be delicious by the way, 
are a huge threat to our reefs and big game fishing.
Not because of their size are they a threat, but they have no known predators.
They also feast on the tiny, big game fish freshly hatched.
They simply open their big mouths and inhale them.
I pray the divers can get a handle on the spearing, catching and eating of them.
If you have any extra for eating, I sure would love to eat some!

We had a round the world trip today.
We started out in Foley, buying folding bikes Chris found at really great prices.
They will need some work, but they will be an awesome addition to our camping gear.
We then headed to Big Fish Trading Company to pick up artworks to fill out my show in Mississippi.
I am so fortunate that Amy Powers allows artwork to be removed, then replaced.
She says, after all, I get new works!
We then drove to Mississippi and the Pascagoula River Audubon Center.
They are very excited to have another show there for me.
Last year, it was one of their most popular shows. 
They invited me back as I was removing my works.
I am honored to be there in that beautiful space.
We unpacked, laid out, and got the show hung in about an hour and a half.
No small feat for 50 pieces of art that are on 60 canvases!
Chris is amazing at helping get it all done!
My opening reception is August 11th from 4:30-6:30.
I am so excited, not only do they get to be seen, they are in air conditioning, and some will sell.
Believe it or not, storing 100 paintings becomes rather difficult.
I have to organize them, get them ready, pack them ahead.
Such is life here at the Raccoon Retreat studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama

Lionfish I, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16x16
Day 35 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment