Thursday, August 18, 2022

Sweet turtle too!


Another sweet turtle.
Another day painting too!

I actually spent the bulk of the day working on a new steampunk piece.
These pieces take a lot more than one day!
I am very excited about this one.
It's a creature I've had several requests for over the years.
He is also quite large, measuring 2 ft. x 3 ft.
I am having a very enjoyable time painting him for sure!
I'd better get busy on steampunk.
 I have a booth of nothing but them this fall at the National Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
I've always wanted them to be judged on their own merit, so this year is the year that happens.
The steampunk I do is so very different from my normal works.
People are usually quite shocked to find I paint them.
It also got a lot of buzz and recognition at shows this Spring.
I took three awards this Spring.
I know at least one of them was for the steampunk.
 The judge made a point of coming back after awards and told me.
So, I work hard creating new works for two booths this year!
Whew!

Sweet turtle too!, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16 inches
Day 52 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment