Friday, August 19, 2022

Turtles, turtles everywhere!


Last year, we started making the offset shadowboxes.
I have not been able to keep them on hand.
People love them and are fascinated at the handmade aspect of them.
They really are not harder to stretch, but I imagine they are harder to build!
I don't really know, because I stay out of the way when Chris is constructing them.
I am so grateful he builds these for me!
(No, he doesn't build them for anyone else either!)

The grand was up here asking questions tonight.
Such as, what is in that jar marked sepia 2022.
"This year's color mixed for my paintings."
How many paintings do you have up here?
(Counting, discovered 50.)
"Then there's another 60 at the Audubon Center, Another 10 in Malbis, 
10 in Downtown,, and five in Foley."
That's a lot!
What are your three favorite animals?
"Turtles, Dachshunds, and Octopus."
More to come as summer progresses.


Turtles, turtles everywhere!, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24 inches
Day 53 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment