Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Heron I


Today was a busy day.
I started with my bible readings and journal.
Dentist appointment at 8 am.
Came home, painted a bit then Chiropractor appointment.
Straight to church, to dismantle VBS.
Decorations always come down faster than they go up!
We salvaged lumber from the flats, and tossed cardboard that served us well for two years.
We then went to lunch at the pier.

I love painting birds, I've discovered.
Heron I is one of them.
Because of the Audubon show, I have had several birds leave the studio this month.
We watched a Heron today while eating lunch at the Orange Street pier.
While he was entertaining, the dolphins were more fun to watch.
The dolphin pod was chasing mullet up the bay, leaping out of the water in their haste to catch lunch.
We were sitting quietly observing the pelican sitting on the piling.
The heron decided that was his piling, and swooped toward the pelican, cackling as he flew in.
The pelican decided that he did not want to deal with that beak and left his perch.
Such is life here on the bay, summer winding down, herons defending their territory, pelicans diving to capture the next meal, dolphins playing with their food while eating.

I love it here!

Heron I, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 12 x 24
Day 37 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment