Monday, August 15, 2022

Pelican III


The Raccoon Retreat Studio is a hum of activity as of late.
I am painting and also working with my daughter on a Mardi Gras train for next year.
It's hard to wrap my head around Mardi Gras right now as it seems so far away.
Pushing to get things done.
I've already used over 1,000 yards of thread making appliques so far.
The appliques are a large part of the train with two of them measuring 
3 feet and the other two measuring 3.5 feet!
Lots of sewing, trimming, then having to clean my studio from the fabric remnants.
Such is the life of an artist, especially one who sews.
But, before anyone asks I don't sew professionally any more.
Too many headaches and time I really don't have right now!

Somewhere in there, I painted too!
Loving these rounds!

Pelican III, Acrylic on wood, 12 inches
Day 49 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment