Sunday, August 28, 2022

A Crabby Pair


I don't like it when I'm so tired I forget to post!
Anyway, here is a two for one.
These are male and female blue crabs.
How do I know?
Scientists have determined that the female paint their "nails".
That's right, the girls are red, boys are blue for the most part.
You can also tell by looking at their shell on the bottom.
However, the last time I did that, I was soundly pinched.
That crab got flung into the water.
Which was probably what it wanted anyway!

I am still working and focusing on the steampunk piece that I am currently working on.
It's going to be awesome, but it is taking a long time because of all the detail.
But I do believe I can finish it this week!
Then I need to decide on the next one.
I really need another sea turtle, sea horse, or possibly skull.
Which one do you think?
I've painted each of these before, but I could really use another original for the booth in October.
I already have a pelican, nautilus, dachshund, blue crab, alligator, and the new one.
Hint, the one I'm working on now is not a marine themed one!
Coming soon, a mascot one!

I also taught a class today after going to church in the morning.
It's been a full day.
Time with Chris, Time with my church family, time for art.....
It's been a good day.



A Crabby Pair, acrylic on wood panel, 12 inches round
Days 61 & 62 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment