Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Flying jewel box VII


I don't know if I'll ever tire of painting hummingbirds.
However, unless commissioned to do more this is it for the series.
Such beautiful little birds, so fun to paint!
I am forever in debt to Debi Parnell for the use of her photographs.

Today was turtle walk day.
I like many others walk the beach looking for sea turtle nests.
I found none today.
Our beaches seem really quiet as far as turtle activity is concerned.
I have probably decided not to walk next year.
I have patrolled for 10 years this year.
We have to get up at 4:30 am in order to get on the beach and patrol before sunrise.
It's a lot of hours out of my day, even though it's only twice a month.

I also painted a lot today.
Getting works done, now I have to varnish and wire again.
The Audubon show has already sold pieces and I need to replace them.
I will be bringing smaller works to fill in when I go to the reception tomorrow.

The dog is hanging in there so far.
She seems brighter and happier as well as more active.
She started her liver medicine and homeopathic therapy as well.
That makes me happy too!

Flying jewel box VII, Acrylic on Wood panel, 5 x15 inches
Day 44 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment