Saturday, August 13, 2022

Pelican I


My goodness I love these small rounds from Hobby Lobby!
I had the large rounds last year but decided to purchase several of these when they were on sale.
They are about 12 inches in diameter.
They are so fun to paint, and the turtles are already selling at the Pascagoula River Audubon Center.
I'm sure others will go too!
The Audubon Center has already sold several pieces.
They've also asked me to stay until the afternoon of October 4th around 2pm.
I will be there for several events happening at the center as well as Cruising the Coast reception.
The Cruising reception is over about 2pm and we immediately take down the show.
(We set up for the National Shrimp Festival the NEXT DAY!)
I've also been invited to come over during the Hummingbird happy hour on September 22nd.
So many things happening here!

Show schedule is firmed up for this year as well.
Pascagoula River Audubon Center, My Nature Odyssey, Moss Point MS Through October 4th at 2pm
Freedom Fest II, September 30th & October 1st, Orange Beach AL at the Wharf 9-5 daily
National Shrimp Festival, October 6th-9th, Gulf Shores, AL 9-5 daily (some nights later perhaps.)
Double booth at Shrimp Festival, one marine life the other all Steampunk!
Jubilee Festival, October 15th &16th, Daphne AL 9-5 daily
Mattie Kelly Festival, October 29th & 30th, Destin FL 9-5 daily
Peter Anderson Festival, November 5th & 6th, Ocean Springs, MS 9-5 daily
Three Rivers, November 12th & 13th, Covington LA WAITLISTED
Possible Christmas show at the Wharf in December as well (lots of small pieces for that one.)

Anyway, show season promises to be really hectic.
Such is life here on the Great Gulf Coast in Fairhope, Alabama
I bid you adieu for now!

Pelican I, Acrylic on wood panel, 12 inches round
Day 47 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment