Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Mantas!


I love painting these beautiful, graceful creatures.
They have such a gentle quality to them.
Not only that, but they're also fun to paint.

I am getting really tired of the rain as of late.
It seems every day is either cloudy or downpours.
I want to get into my pool and just relax for a while.
 Then I hear thunder rumbling in the distance, I don't even want to get in!
Even then, the water is rather chilly as the sun has not heated the water for days.
Small world complaints, I know......
At least being inside has put me in the studio.
I'm usually in here anyway, but I love to paint while it's raining.
Just so long as the lightning doesn't get too rowdy!

Speaking of studio time...
I have collectors that are pushing me to greater heights of late.
They love my work, but they wanted a different style.
They commissioned me to do a series of three pieces.
Emulating a style that is nowhere near mine.
 I've had a ball completing them.
Lots of knife work, lots of paint!
The pieces get delivered tomorrow to Mississippi.
I have already done one piece for them that was 6ft x 6ft.
That one was a vintage drawing of a kabuki mask.
They wanted a painting of the drawing.
I thought it was going in their pool house.
It ended up at their front door!
You can see it from the street.
Oh my!
I love collectors that push my limits.
 They also ask me to stretch my style into other realms of art.
I'll show the other works after they are hung at their home.

Mantas!, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 24 x 24 inches
Day 58 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022




 

No comments:

Post a Comment