Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sweet turtle


They may have a face only a mother could love, but I do love sea turtles!
There is such wisdom in their eyes and a deepness to their soul.
I had the opportunity to photograph sea turtles up close at the Loggerhead Marine Center.
These turtles were amazingly close and had the most wonderful windows in their tanks.
I'm sure the windows were there for children to see them up close while their parents looked from above.
I turned into a kid that day, sitting on the ground at turtle level underwater.
The turtles responded in kind, seeing I was an adult human and could possibly have food for them.
They did some of the most amazing poses and I took lots of photos.
This turtle is one of them.
I really enjoy painting them too!

The vast majority of my day was spent setting up a new steampunk piece for fall shows.
It is a labor-intensive process, involving lots of parts and pieces.
First, I get an idea of what I want to steampunk and do a simple drawing.
Sometimes I work with pieces of metal I have in my studio.
Other times I work with photos, laying them out in complicated patterns.
I am tracing the photos I placed today to see if I need to add anything to the current work.
This one will be an incredible addition to my steampunk series.
The Mechanics of...........
You'll have to wait and see what comes from beneath my brush!

Sweet turtle, Acrylic on Shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16 inches
Day 51 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022
 

No comments:

Post a Comment