Sunday, August 7, 2022

Flying jewel box IV


I know the names are cheesy.
I've never thought of them as anything other than Flying Jewelry boxes.
These birds coloring is a sight to behold.
That something so small, so incredibly shiny, so fast.
God made a lovely creature when he made the hummingbird.
So fascinating to watch, and so fun to paint!
I will forever be in Debi Parnell's debt for her allowing me to use her gorgeous photography!

Today being Sunday, started with us going to church.
I am so grateful for my church family.
Our Pastors are pretty incredible people as well.
Such a great place to call home, Celebration Church in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama.

I am still fighting with my swimming pool.
I thought I had figured out the problem.
The pool is still turning green even though the pump is running regularly.
I just don't have time to figure it all out.
I wish I could find someone that knew about saltwater systems and could fix it.
I'm really tired of wanting to swim but I am having to scrub for an hour to remove algae.
Every stinking time.
I just want to be able to relax for a bit.

We've also had a 16 year old dachshund not doing well.
After having a tumor removed.
Finding out her liver numbers are sky high.
Her gall bladder is very enlarged and possibly causing high liver numbers.
We did find out through an abdominal exam that she does indeed have Cushing's disease.
I have another one with similar symptoms.
Unfortunately, this is common with older dachshunds.
Ours are 18, 16, 14, and 10 year old siblings.
Five times the fun, five times the vet bills.
Five times the love as well.

Painting, painting, painting here in the Raccoon Retreat Studio in beautiful Fairhope, Alabama!

Flying Jewel box IV, Acrylic on wood panel, 5x15 inches
Day 41 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment