Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Lionfish II


I cannot even imagine how we are going to be rid of this invasive species.
Unless we find a way to overfish for them!
I've heard they are delicious, but have yet to find a restaurant that has them so I can try for myself!

Today was a good day in many ways.
I am very happy to have been able to paint so I can replace works removed from Big Fish gallery.
I also need to replace works for Stewart Heath Gallery as she made a large sale of five different pieces.
I am always amazed when people let go of their hard-earned money to purchase my works.
I am able to make a living doing something I love, so it doesn't feel like work.
But there is pressure to create now, more than ever. 
It's only 65 days until the National Shrimp Festival at Gulf Shores in October.

65 days.
65 paintings, maybe more.
Fortunately, God has given me an almost unbelievable talent and ability to create quickly.
I also have a great supportive husband that builds my frames, stretches canvas, erases, wires, and sometimes varnishes too!
When things get crazy, I pull him into my circus that is my studio!

Lionfish II, Acrylic on shadowbox canvas, 16 x 16
Day 36 of the 100 days~100 paintings 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment