Thursday, August 4, 2022

Bad Hair Day (Heron II)


Bad Hair Day.
We all have them, bad hair days.
These magnificent birds with their flowing feathers can really have a bad hair day.
I love it though, when they dry their feathers.
They get in the weirdest position, with their wings flipped forward as if in supplication to the sun.
Actually, they are drying their wings for the next flight into the blue.
I love watching these beautiful birds.

The Audubon show is already having sales!
I received a text today letting me know Bring home dinner (Heron pair with babies)
is already sold!
They also bought two turtle rounds apparently.
Last year's show was a hit, and it looks like this year may be as well.
I'd better get painting!

The Mobile History Museum had the opening tonight of the 30 by ten show.
I was fortunate to become a part of this show back in 2002.
It was originally a part of the new building owned by the Mobile Press Register.
Each floor had a century represented, 1700's, 1800's, and 1900's.
I have three paintings in the accession, Annual Indian Congress, Naval Stores and tar and pitch production, and the Opening of the Cochran Bridge.
I feel extremely humbled to be a part of their collection!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment